PDFHummus 3.2 released
Next week I’m off for vacation, so I did a little cleanup and am updating with a new minor PDFHummus version. PDFWriter is now released as version 3.2.
All dependent NodeJS modules and the service have been updated to include this new version.
The new version contains the following items:
- Visual Studio 64 bit - had some compilation issues. Now they are corrected.
- Tiled Pattern - you can now create Tiled Patterns using the new
PDFTiledPatternclass. Its usage is exactly like Form XObjects, with relevant functions in
- Create PDF files with no embedded fonts - For performance sake and if you can rely on the client to have the fonts installed on the machine, you may choose to create the PDF file without having the fonts embedded. To do this pass another parameter (false) to
PDFCreationSettingswhen starting the PDF file.
- Improvements around text measurements - caching of glyph measures is now done in order to speed up text measurements, now becoming important with the introduction of hummusrenderer and its stream object.
- True type embedding correction - True type fonts were embedded without their OS/2 tables, which may cause problems when validating the PDFs against PDF/X-2 and PDF/X-4 standards.
- New Helper classes - By contribution from Stefan Wörthmüller we now have some helper classes for writing and reading dictionaries and arrays [help and usage in the header files]. check out
PDFArrayIterator.hin git sources.
That’s all. Downloads are available from https://app.box.com/s/uqipd06nrawk2vjw2knb.
Thanks goes to John Desrosiers for his contributions around text measurements performance improvements and Stefan Wörthmüller for his work around the new helper classes. Also for finding some of the bugs corrected for this version.
Next week will be vacation time at this loovely place.